A Review on: Ebola Virus Disease (EVD)
Ebola virus is a fatal illness in humans and non primates. Ebola virus causes Ebola hemorrhagic fever. Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) is transmitted to people from wild animals and spread to humans through human to human transmission. EVD is caused by the sudden onset of weakness, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, fever, vomiting, diarrhoea, liver dysfunction, rashes and also internal- external bleeding. As such no specific treatment foe EVD is available but a number of researches are going on. Oral rehydration therapy or intravenous fluids are some of the treating symptoms.
2. Klenk, Hans-Dieter (January 1999); Marburg and Ebola Viruses (Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology). Berlin: Springer-Verlag Telos.
3. Ebola hemorrhagic fever in Zaire: Report of an international commission; Bulletin of the World Health Organization; 1978; 56(2); 271-293.
4. Peters C. J.,Filoviridae: Marburg and Ebola hemorrhagic fevers, In Fields BN, Knipe D.M., Howley P.M., eds. Principles and Practices of Infectious Diseases. New York: Churchill Livingstone; 1995; 1543-1546.
5. Jeffs B., A clinical guide to viral haemorrhagic fevers: Ebola, Marburg and Lassa; Tropical Doctor; 2006; 36(1); 1–4.
6. Nicholas J.B., Manuel F., et al., Catherine F.H.; Ebola Virus Disease; BMJ 2014; 349:g7348 doi: 10.1136/bmj.g7348 (Published 10 December 2014).
7. Gatherer D., "The 2014 Ebola virus disease outbreak in West Africa"; J. Gen. Virol. (Pt 8); 2014; 95; 1619–1624.
8. "Ebola virus disease Fact sheet N°103”; World Health Organization. March 2014; Retrieved 12 April 2014.
9. Choi J.H., Croyle M.A.; Emerging targets and novel approaches to Ebola virus prophylaxis and treatment; BioDrugs; 2013; 27(6); 565–83.
10. Jones S.M., Feldmann H, et.al.; "Live attenuated recombinant vaccine protects nonhuman primates against Ebola and Marburg viruses"; Nature Medicine; 2005; 11(7); 786–790.
11. Tuffs A.; "Experimental vaccine may have saved Hamburg scientist from Ebola fever"; BMJ 338. 2009.